Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Candy Craft: Turn Your Mint Tins into Magic

Liesl von Schokolat graduated from 8th grade last week. She's made me a proud auntie. I bought her a necklace, but I thought that I'd rather give it to her in some sort of funky box instead of the usual ugly white box. So I pulled out an empty mint tin and started playing around. First, I painted it black, then I glued on some decorative paper. On the lid, I put stickers of her initials and inside, I collaged some stuff from an old book I had. I gave it a few coats of collage medium and Voila! A mini jewelry box.


3 comments:

philly said...

Congrats to Liesl von Schokolat for graduating :D Does that mean she's going to high school now? :o

Can you please tell me what kinda candy was in the mini jewelry box before it was a mini jewelry box? :D Tis pretty ^_______^

Candy Yum Yum said...

It was from a box of Energy Chews. Similar to an Altoids box, but smaller.

Tiffany said...

This is such a cute idea! I'm definitely going to try this sometime =)