Saturday, April 11, 2009

What Was I Thinking?


It's been a rainy couple of weeks here in New England, which means every Easter Egg Hunt has been cancelled, except for the creepy one at the library where the kids weren't allowed to keep the eggs.
Anyhow ... I decided the Sugar Baby should have an Easter Egg hunt of his own so in a moment of insanity and nostalgia, I bought a bag of Brach's Chicks & Rabbits to stuff the eggs.
Holy cats, these things are nastier than I remember. I ate the heads off the three shapes up top just to see if there was any flavor difference. I don't think there was, but it was hard to get past the tough/chewy texture. This morning the Sugar Baby found them and, upon opening the first one, pondered the orange rabbit, looking at it, smelling it-- and then put it back in the egg. The rest of the eggs have remained unopened in his basket. Hopefully the Easter Bunny will do a better job than this.

No comments: