Monday, April 06, 2009

Wrapping Up Vermont

Here's that gorgeous stick of nougat I got at L.A. Burdick's. Isn't it beautiful? Loaded with almonds, pistachios and cranberries. It's a thing of sheer beauty and it tastes just as good! I just love staring at it. This was my little sampler box I bought. It's about half gone right now. I'm saving the mouse for last.
Although we didn't eat at the bistro, I did buy some raspberry and chocolate macarons because I've never had them before and I've heard such great things.
Memaw said when she went to Paris this past summer they were going for some outrageous price-- like $4 each-- due to the economy and just 'cause, you know, they're French. These were .75 cents each. Much more affordable. The raspberry did nothing for me, but the chocolate were pretty darn tasty (as evidenced by the fact that there weren't any left to photograph).


No comments: