Monday, April 13, 2009

Hershey's Thingamajig: I Waited 40 Days and 40 Nights for This?


As you may remember, I've had this Hershey's Thingamajig sitting on my desk for several weeks now, waiting for the candy bar fast to be over. I'll admit: I had high hopes for it, as I loved the original Whatchamacallit.
This version was described as having "cocoa crisps and peanut butter." When I opened it, the first whiff immediately reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it. (I've been having that experience a lot lately. Kinda scary, this getting old thing.)
My first bite was disappointing. The crunchies seemed ever-so-slightly stale, although now that I think about it, Cocoa Pebbles always tasted stale, too. But it was the peanut butter that was baffling. What did it taste like? And then it hit me: this candy bar tasted like a Girl Scout Tagalong cookie (or at least the way I remember them tasting.) The chocolate, the peanut butter-- all had a kind of fakeness to them. So overall, I was unimpressed. They're not the worst candy bars in the world, but hardly the kind of thing I should've broken the fast over. What do you think?

No comments: