Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mentos and Diet Coke: The Next Generation

I don't mean to be all-Mentos-all-the-time, but I'm trying to clear off my desk and I ran across this tidbit that Alexandra sent me about four gagillion months ago. She found this in her alumni magazine. For the life of me I can't remember where she went to school, so I can't give proper credit to the magazine, but apparently some dude named Steve Spangler who graduated in 1989 signed a licensing agreement to "create and sell patented devices that utilize the explosive power of [Mentos and Diet Coke]. Called 'Geyser Tube' toys, they will twist, fly and power other devices. 'This is the vinegar-and-baking soda experiment for a new generation,' Spangler said. Fun! And now my desk is one paper emptier. Five million more to go.

No comments: