Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Two great tastes that don't taste great together


When I was pregnant, the only thing I could keep down was grapefruit. I think I kept the entire Florida citrus council in business that year. So the Baron thought of me when he came across this: Feodora Fio! Grapefruit-Joghurt Chocolade ("Milk and Superior Chocolate with Grapefruit Yogurt Filling.")
It's not everyday when you see a grapefruit-flavored candy, let alone one with chocolate, so it's difficult to know what to expect. Despite the fact that I love grapefruit and I love chocolate, I've decided the two aren't really meant to be put together. The chocolate was creamy and slightly bitter, and the grapefruit filling tasted just like the fruit: sour, bitter and tangy. Not something I'd try again. The Baron also picked up a pear version which we all found to be really gross. I guess there's a reason you don't see some fruits paired up with chocolate.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Speaking of fruit and chocolate, have you noticed how the combination of banana and chocolate is becoming so trendy lately? Somehow, I see it everywhere-particularly in restaurant deserts/cakes/baked goods...and for me it's just one of those combinations that simply don't go together well.