Friday, August 24, 2007

My new love


We've already determined that I love candy and sandwiches. I'd say the other item in my top trifecta of taste is cookies. Oh, how I love cookies. Chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter, Milanos, sugar wafers, you name it, I love them. When my friend Deb sent me a big package of goodies from Australia, I went gaga over the cookies she sent. They're called Tim Tams and they're chocolate-filled chocolate-covered cookies that are so darn yummy I can't stand it. I ended up ordering a bunch from a place in Texas a while back, but I scarfed them all down so quickly that I knew I couldn't order more. I thought I had found the ultimate cookie. That is, until the von Schokolats arrived with their European bounty and introduced me to the cookie perfection that is the Stroopwafel.

I've seen these before at Starbucks and a few other places, and I remember thinking, "Who would buy one of these? They're flat and boring!" But oh ho, the secret lies in the filling which is imperceptible at first glance. Imagine: two waffley crisp cookies with an oozy, soft, caramel-cinnamon center. They're traditionally placed on top of your coffee so the steam gets them all warm and melty. Ours were a little stale, so the Baroness stuck them in the microwave for a few seconds. These things are fabulous, FABULOUS! Needless to say, they're really reeking havoc on my stupid diet.

No comments: