Monday, August 13, 2007

My favorite things (and a correction)

Believe me when I tell you I was actually salivating on the way home from Trader Joe's today. I had sort of vowed not to buy any more candy from there because the last few have been disappointing (I'm particularly thinking of the chocolate-covered pistachios which are still sitting in my fridge), but when I looked on their new products shelf, I was beside myself. For there was their newest product: Dark Chocolate Almonds-- Made with Belgian chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt and turbinado sugar." Bestill my heart! My three favorite things: almonds, dark chocolate and salt!
I just tried one and, yes, it is delicious. The first whiff is a nice, bittersweet chocolate. The combination of sugar and salt is fantastic. I just wish the almond was a little toastier, but that's okay. I love these. I'm going to parcel out my allotment for dessert each night.

Also, a correction: in a previous entry about the dude who's licensed the Mentos and Diet Coke blaster, I said it was from Alexandra's alumni magazine. Actually, it was from her husband Richard's. He went to the University of Colorado. She, surprisingly, went to the University of Rhode Island. For some reason, I thought she went to Syracuse. Go figure. Anyhow, that's the story.

No comments: