Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pucker up!



The little von Schokolats couldn't wait for me to try this gum. I guess it's called "Center Shock" and the flavor was "Mystery." They were all giddy waiting to see how I'd react to this supposedly super-sour treat. Being a sour lover, I figured I've tasted worse and thought I'd have to play up my reaction for the kiddos.

Oh my. Was I wrong. This is some seriously sour stuff. It's the kind of sour that makes your tongue fold in half and your eyelids flutter.

"Keep chewing," they said as they cheered me on. It wasn't easy to do. I started to feel a burning sensation in my chest. But after about a minute or two of excruciating (yet strangely satisfying) sour, the gum mellowed out into just a plain old lump of sour gum.

As I've said before, I'm not a gum fan, but this stuff is in a class of its own. I don't know if you can get it in the States, but I'd be willing to buy it if it was available.

No comments: