Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gretl Gives Them Two Thumbs Up!



The elder von Schokolats and I spent an evening tasting wines from the Baron's collection and we put the wee ones to work pouring for us. As a reward, I busted out some GudFud (sorry, I don't know how to make the umlauts) stuffed marshmallows that were kindly sent to me.

"Stuffed marshmallow?" you ask. Why yes. These little cutie-pies are like squished 'mallows stuffed with either chocolate, grape, strawberry or orange.

Gretl popped one of the strawberry ones into her mouth and literally shouted "Yummy!"

Liesel went for the chocolate one and very accurately compared the chocolate taste to a Tootsie Roll. I completely agreed with her. I had planned to try to roast some of them in the fireplace but I never got that far. The wine, you know.

I'd comment on the other fruit flavors, but they somehow mysteriously disappeared. All I could find were empty wrappers in Gretl's bed. Clearly *someone* loved them.

So here's the thing. If you're craving a candy bar, these won't satisfy that urge. However, if you're looking for something a little sweet but don't want to totally pig out, these are just the item. A package of three has only 50 calories. You can't beat that!

No comments: