Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More on the Starbuckery

I have to say, this has been quite an interesting adventure, trying these Starbucks chocolates. Yesterday I sampled the Citron Dark Chocolate Tasting Square. I liked the flavor-- very citrusy-- but I wasn't so keen on the texture. There were little herby things in there that threatened to stick in my teeth. Turns out they were Tazo tea leaves. Hmmm. Enough said.
Tremendous kudos, though, to the Passion Dark Chocolate Tasting Square. This is going to be difficult to imagine, but give it a shot: picture smooth, rich dark chocolate combined with juicy (I mean JUICY, like a hard candy) passionfruit flavor. That's what you get here. It's very odd, almost like eating two different things at once. If you like passionfruit, then you'll be in heaven with these. As for me, well, I've always had a hard time with tropical fruit. When I was doing my sensory training, the tropicals-- guava, papaya, passion, mango-- always confused me. I remember someone likened the flavor of one of them to "dirty vase water," and that was a perfect description. I'm more of an everyday citrus kind of gal. But do try the Passion Dark Chocolate, and let me know what you think!

No comments: