Saturday, March 01, 2008

These, Not So Much


There's something plain and simple and nice and celebratory about a bowl of Hershey Kisses. No, they're not fabulous chocolate, but still, they're good and they make people happy. The Hershey Kiss Trio, however, doesn't have the same effect as evidenced by this still-full bowl. I put these out when the von Schokolats were here, and then I also had them out when I had a house-full of people. And guess what? They're still sitting here.
The "Trio" name comes from the fact that they're white, dark and milk chocolate. Sounds good enough. But there's just something unappealing about these. They're very creamy. Maybe too much so. And they don't have that basic, chocolatey Hershey taste to them. I don't know. I can't figure it out. It's not that they're bad. It's just that they're not good.

No comments: