Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Right, Lisa, a wonderful, magical animal." *


It's not every day that Sue MKAFFGGF and I get a press release that we can share. But it turns out that the mischievous imps who created the absinthe lollipop have a new flavor out: Maple Bacon. I haven't tried these (and frankly, that's fine with me), but it just makes me wonder: who are all these people who enjoy pork products with their sugary treats?
Well, as it turned out, a reader happened to write me looking for suggestions for hard candy with savory flavors. Her sister-in-law suffers from a condition that won't allow her to eat solids anymore, but she'd like to find some way to experience the taste of food. I wonder if these will fit the bill? In any case, you can order these unique goodies at www.lollyphile.com. In the meantime, can anyone suggest any other hard candies with savory tastes?
(*Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.")

1 comment:

Ms. Chops said...

Ummm, are those chunks of bacon I see in those lollies? I think I am totally grossed out!