Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sister On Strike


I'm officially on strike as a sister. I got home yesterday to find that both my brother and sister had called during the day-- a very a strange phenomenon-- but there weren't any messages because the Sugar Baby had turned the answering machine off. As I was pondering this, the phone rang; it was Bazooka Betsy.

BB: "Did you get my message to call Andy?"
Me: (Panic striken) "What's going on?"
BB: "Rich had a stroke."

Holy crap. This is my brother's best friend.

BB: "You have to find out what's going on."

Wait a minute. Me? Why me? Why am I always the go-to person when there's a crisis? Why am I always the one who has to make the phone call/pay the visit/ bake the cake/ schedule the shrink appointment/ bail the nieces and nephews out of jail?

Well, I got on the phone and did my civic duty. Thank goodness Rich is all right and I filled Andy in on the details when he got back from T-ball practice. But that's it, man. No more. I'm done. On strike. I have candy to blog about!

Which brings me to ... here. I just got a package of Hershey Bliss in the mail, and it's too early to review, but I will say this... it keeps calling to me. Smooth, melty chocolate--- mmmm! Stay tuned for the full report.

No comments: