Sunday, April 27, 2008

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties ...


Crikey! I left my camera pluggy-transfer-cord at the von Schokolats, which means I can't show you the fabulous pictures of our candy art work. Oh well. In the meantime, let's talk about this: a Nestle Black Magic bar ("Mellow dark chocolate with raisins & almonds.")
I found it at the dreaded Christmas Tree Shoppe. When I saw it I thought, "Oh ho, what have we here? Something I've totally missed!" I felt kind of bad, like I've been shirking my candy duties and not keeping up on the latest yumminess.
It wasn't until I got it home and read the label that I saw it said, "Made in the Czech Republic for Nestle UK." Ah, so it's not something I necessarily should've known about! Whew!
The package is pretty hideous, so I probably wouldn't have bought it except for the fact that it contained raisins and almonds, quite possibly my favorite candy bar combination. So how was it? Mmmmm! It was really quite good. When they say "mellow" dark chocolate, they mean it. It didn't have that same aggressive snap that many dark chocolates have. This was more like a "Hey, I'm a bit older and wiser than milk chocolate, without the attitude." Deelish.

No comments: