Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What's in a name?



When someone from Hershey's offered to send me some samples of their new Bliss, I said sure, although to be honest, I hadn't even heard about it.
This is their new line of bite-sized chocolates that I'm guessing is their way of competing with Dove. It comes in three varieties: milk, dark and milk chocolate meltaway. To be perfectly frank, I didn't really have any expectations for it. I figured it's Hershey's, it's chocolate, it'll be good. Dependable. End of story.
Let me just say: the chocolate meltaway is so deliciously yummy in a "I'll-just-have-one-more" kind of way. So fabulously addictive that you're like, "Wait a minute. I could NOT have eaten that whole bag." Ladies, this is the ultimate P.M.S. chocolate. Gentlemen, if you know what's good for you, you won't touch the bag of Bliss your girlfriend/wife/roommate/coworker bought at the store.
I couldn't stop eating these so I had to get them out of the house. I gave some to a friend to try, and she wrote me an e-mail later that day. "I had the chocolates with some iced coffee. It was perfect! Who makes Bliss?"
Hmmm. Funny, I didn't realize that it doesn't say Hershey's on the wrappers. I wonder why? Because they really should be proud. This is some yum yummy chocolate.
As for the other flavors, I haven't tried the milk yet, and the dark was very, very good but, oh that chocolate meltaway. Blissful. (And no, I'm not kissing butt. If they weren't good, I'd tell you. But oh man, they're good.)
P.S. In an effort to launch this new product, they're doing this thing called a "House Party." Maybe you all know about these and I'm just hopelessly behind the times, but I'd never heard of it. Anyhow, you go to this website and sign up and if you're chosen, you invite a bunch of your friends over for a chocolate party. They provide the goodies, you give the feedback. At least I think that's how it works. I totally want to do this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I was at Target and saw a display for these. However, the only 'melt away' one was a milk chocolate raspberry. I searched high and low for just a milk chocolate meltaway but couldn't find one. Boo!

Ms. Chops said...

Dear Patti,

I know this is so totally last week, but i have a beef w/ those tootsie pop drops. Where the heck is the blue rasberry? I got one and I loved it, but have not seen another one since! What the heck? I think I am actually craving them.
Help!

Anonymous said...

I must say....two of us at work were walking around with headaches today :( I went to the candy bowl, and what did I find!!! Bliss bites! I ran to the other girl's office and exclaimed, "Look what I found! Candy YumYum's 'Bliss!!!' Needless to say, we both tried them, and they were yummy!!! :) (Then we talked about the chocolate "House Party..." maybe it should be an "Office Party!"

Rachel said...

Yep! These are dee-lish! They kind of remind me of the red Lindt ball truffles. I ate half a bag myself the other night :)