Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Breaking News! Caveat Emptor!

The news world is abuzz this morning with reports that the Valentine's candy you just purchased may actually be from last year! Hmmm. This would certainly explain why the after-holiday candy sales have meager at best lately. When I worked at the chocolate store, we'd have to take everything off the shelves the day after whatever holiday it was and send it back to the factory. People would come in all p.o.'ed because they were expecting some good bargains, but there were none to be had.
"What did you do with the 75 pound bunny?" people would ask.
"It gets melted down at the factory," was the reply we were told to give. Somehow, though, I always suspected that the same bunny came out of hibernation every year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that picture of worms in the chocolate was nasty! Still, I am not swayed. My love of chocolate is still strong even if I have competition from bugs.