Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chauncy, Chauncy Chocodile

Like the Chuckles theme that sometimes gets stuck in my head, I also, upon occasion, can hear my 12-year-old self saying, "Chauncy, chauncy chocodile." On this rainy/snowy/slushy day, I actually stopped to think about this. I remember saying it with the Baronness. Was it from a commercial? Or was this just another stupid random thing that I used to say?

Thankfully, it wasn't something from my excitable preteen imagination. It was a snack cake. Remember Chocodiles? They're like Twinkies, only they're covered in chocolate and are sold in singles, as opposed to the double pack of Twinkies. The mascot was a crocodile in a pimp hat with a big feather. I loved them. The best part was, they were only 25 cents, so if you had a buck, you could get a Chocodile AND a candy bar. So where have they gone? Apparently you can still get them on the West coast! But sadly, not around here.

No comments: