Monday, February 04, 2008

This One's Good for a Chuckle

I'll be the first to admit that it's virtually impossible to walk by a dish filled with chocolates and not try one. Or two or three. Especially if it's dark chocolate. But whoa, this press release had me in hysterics today:

"Fashionistas and media moguls were buzzing about the presence of DOVE Chocolate at the Verrier show last night at Bryant Park. The backstage area was transformed into a DOVE chocolate oasis and the models could not stop indulging while getting primped out for the runway."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Do the kind folks at Dove really expect us to believe that, as the models are getting ready to walk down the runway wearing nothing more than a piece of Scotch tape, some fishing wire and a live monkey, they're "indulging" in chocolate? That after starving themselves for weeks, subsisting on nothing but watercress and cardboard, they suddenly let loose moments before they step out into the spotlight and chow down on some chocolate?! I'm shocked. But if this is true, then suddenly I have some new-found respect for fashion models. Perhaps there's hope after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply didn't know WHAT to make of that email. Of course I'm so disconnected I didn't realize thaty were talking about Fashion Week until this evening.

Anonymous said...

NO LIE - I was there - and yes the skinny/weight conscience models were eating chocolate. Hey who doesn't love a piece of dove every now and then.

Whoosh said...

Hahahahaha, my thoughts exactly!

Alexandra said...

That is quite funny actually :)
I do find that pretty hard to believe myself.