Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day!



We're going to a Groundhog Day potluck tonight, so I found these cute cupcakes on the Family Fun website. "Cool!" I thought. "I'll make those and they'll be really cute." They were supposed to look like this (picture at right, courtesy of Family Fun.)

It was off to a bad start. I was supposed to buy Fun Size Mounds, but I mistakenly bought the little snack size ones. Then I didn't have mini M&Ms for the ears, so I used cocoa nibs. And it all went down hill from there. I made the teeth out of banana Laffy Taffy; I'd forgotten how yummy it is. I also had a packet of Pop Rocks that I thought I might be able to do something with so I opened them. I couldn't really use them, but it was fun tasting them. It totally brought me back to 6th grade.

I used a piece of red Twizzlers for a couple of the noses, but I preferred the cocoa nib look better. So here they are. Pretty frightening. They look like little aliens at best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're adorable! You just needed to add some crushed chocolate dirt piles around them!