Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's No Such Thing As A Mistake


After working at CVS through high school and having to deal with, well, idiots, quite frankly, I vowed I would never be one of those people who doesn't look closely at the label. (I recall one instance in which a woman insisted that I shouldn't charge her for the aluminum foil she was buying because it said 25% more FREE! She latched onto that "free" like a pitbull to a teacup poodle and didn't want to let go.) Anyhow, I must admit that shopping with a toddler has turned me into one of those people, as evidenced by the above candy bar. I was at Target and saw a Choxie dark chocolate and lemon. It sounded intriguing, so I grabbed the bar behind the first one (never take the first item off a shelf; if someone left something in their cart or returned a product, it gets put right up front and who wants someone else's crap?) Anyhow, I grabbed the bar but forgot to look and that's how I ended up with this milk chocolate creme brulee bar. Once I realized my mistake, I was actually kind of excited because of my fabulous experience with the Trader Joe's creme brulee. Unfortunately, this wasn't comparable. Way too sweet for me. Mr. Goodbar, however, loved it. He proclaimed it, "Possibly the best candy bar I've ever had." Well!

No comments: