Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm back!

Yes, it's been a while. Since my last posting, my life has taken all sorts of strange twists and turns, including a nine-month stint of extreme morning sickness. Of course, the payoff was worth it-- my little alligator boy, Henri. And it's because of him that I have a new-found sense of responsibility--nay-- duty, to keep up this blog. I must stay on top of all the yummy goodness that is candy so I can properly introduce him to the world of sugar madness.
As I mentioned before, I was struck with one of life's not-so-funny moments. When I found out I was pregnant, I thought, "Bring on the chocolate!" But it wasn't meant to be. Nine months of stomach-churning nausea kept me off the stuff. The only things I wanted to eat were grapefruit, Big Red gum and wood. (Don't ask.)
This horrendous time, of course, coincided with Halloween. I managed to get to the store to buy candy, so I bought a few bags of Take 5 candy bars. I haven't even been able to look at them since then. So of course, what did I find at the store the other day? Special Edition Take 5s-- a peanut one and a marshmallow one. I did buy them, but have yet to taste them, but for the good of the people, I'll do it.
I want to give credit, too, to Cybele May, the creator of Candy Blog, http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/about/. She has a beautiful website where you can read all about her ratings of candy. I learned about her website in the recent New York Times Magazine article on special edition candy: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/magazine/09wwln_consumed.html?ex=1310097600&en=b2fc1eec37c27000&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

No comments: