Friday, February 01, 2008

New York Cheesecake Kisses

Back in early January I commented on how I found New York Cheesecake Kisses at evil Walmart, but decided not to buy them because the bags weren't on sale. Yes, I'll pay $3 for a tiny individual piece of chocolate at some hoity-toity chocolatier, but I won't dish out $3 for an entire bag of Kisses. What can I say? I'm penny wise, pound foolish. Well, I found the candy bar-sized packet at Target for 99 cents, so I jumped on it.
Hello, YUMMY! Usually I don't like chocolate and cheesecake mixed together. I find that the chocolate overpowers the cheese, which is a delightful enough taste in itself. But these are darned tasty. Good thing I didn't get the bag, because I'd surely eat the whole thing.
I haven't been to evil Walmart in a while, so I don't know what their Valentine selection is like, but Target's was pretty good. They had a nice variety of bulk candy, hearts, and molded chocolates. They had a plastic champagne bottle filled with Champagne Hershey Kisses, which I'd love to try, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they'll be around for the after Valentine's Day sale.
And just as a side note: it's ValentiNe's Day, not ValentiMe's. Ooooh, that's like nails on a chalk board when I hear people say that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw those champagne kisses at Target too, but at $9 for a "bag" (what am I supposed to do with that stupid bottle?), I too couldn't stomach paying that much for something that I only wanted 4 or 5 of.

Alexandra said...

I'm patiently waiting for the after- Valentine's Day sales...

Anonymous said...

mmmm, yummy. My mom tried them and wasn't too crazy about them , though.