Monday, March 23, 2009

All The Buzz



A Yumster wrote to me the other day and asked if I ever cried over discontinued candy. She said her heart was broken that Peerless, the maker of rootbeer and cinnamon hard candies, shut down their operations. Indeed, this upset many candy aficianados. But then she mentioned their Honey Queen Bees and I perked right up. Honey Queen Bees? I've never heard of them! Turns out that Peerless used to make these fruit-flavored hard candies filled with real honey. They came in green apple, honey, lemon, orange, pineapple and strawberry. I can't believe I've never heard of these before! So tell me Yumsters, were they good? Did you have a favorite flavor?

2 comments:

Cybele said...

Oh, man, those were good. There was a company that took over the manufacture after Peerless, but they too have folded as of this year.

So sad.

Lorie said...

These were the best candies if you had an annoying cough. I have used them for those hacking coughs, when a cough drop just wouldn't cut it. I am hopeful that another candy company will get the recipe and start making them. There is nothing that can replace them.