Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What If You Have a Two-Story House With Black Shutters and a Brown Door? Huh? What then?

Every Halloween, my grandparents would buy a mega-sized Hershey bar for each of us kids. We'd go to their house right after school (they lived just around the corner) and collect our prized bars. Then later that evening, all decked out in our costumes, we'd ring their doorbell for the regular booty they were dishing out to the neighborhood kids.
I was sent this big bar because it is a "special Milton Hershey edition." (The only special thing about it is the picture of Milton Hershey on the back.) But apparently Milt and his wife Kitty set up a trust to help children in need and it's still going strong. Every time you buy a Hershey bar, some of the proceeds go toward helping a child break the cycle of poverty. Pretty cool.
I was also sent this info about Halloween:
  • This year, for the first time ever, Hershey Kisses will be available in trick-or-treat sized bags
  • Reese's will have bags of Snack Size Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkins (Cool! I need to find these.)
  • Reese's Fast Break and Cookies 'n Creme will be available in Snack Size packages
They also sent along these little factoid gems:
  • Houses with black shutters are 77 percent more likely to hand out Kit Kat Wafer Bars and trick-or-treaters have a 37 percent greater chance of scaring up a Kit Kat Wafer Bar from a ranch house.
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cup lovers should forego ranch houses and opt instead to ring the bell of two-story houses where they'll have a 26 percent greater chance of receiving the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
  • Knock on brown doors if seeking Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars. Trick-or-treaters have a 32 percent greater chance of receiving a Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar from homes with brown doors.
  • [All statistics found according to the Opinion Research Corporation Omnibus Survey, December 2008, conducted on behalf of The Hershey Company.]
Come on, now. Really? What do you think? I'm going to do my own research this year and let you know my findings. I'm trying to remember what color shutters I have. I don't think they're black. And my house has three stories and a red door, so I have no idea where that puts me on this survey. What about you? Do you fit the mold?

1 comment:

Anton said...

I have a one story with a white door, white shutters and white trim. We give out a jumble of Kit Kats, Reese's, and Snickers. Plus some mellowcremes and gummis for good measure.