Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pina Colada Tic Tacs


Now that Easter is over we've hit the apex of the candy season and we're descending into the vast wasteland of summer candy. Don't get me wrong; wax bottles, salt water taffy and orange slices all have their place in the candy lexicon, but honestly, it's not a very exciting time of year for candy. Having said that, I was pretty psyched to see these Summer Edition Pina Colada Tic Tacs.
I'm generally not a fan of the coconut/pineapple combination, but since these are so different I decided to give them a try. They actually have a nice balance of pineapple and coconut upon first taste. The thing is, though, I usually don't like it when fruit flavors are combined with mint. I suppose they need the mint to fit into the Tic Tac mold. (These actually brought to mind Dynamints-- remember those? They were like Tic Tacs, only the box was horizontal and they came in grape and lemon and lime flavors.)
Anyhow, I certainly would have preferred straight fruit flavor, but the mint does freshen ones breath, so who am I to complain?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you happen to find them? I haven't seen them anywhere!

Candy Yum Yum said...

I found them at Stop and Shop. They were in a free-standing display in the front of the store.

Anonymous said...

I have seen them at rite aide and walmart only so far, going to get some tomorrow.. orbit has pina colada gum now too

Anonymous said...

Do you know of any where I can order them online? Found them once at Publix, but would like to have 7 more boxes. Need ASAP. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I bought some when I saw them @ my local Kroger, but I haven't seen them again, and I want some more.

Ginsu Victim said...

Bought some the other day. They're okay on the outside, but weird when you bite into them. I won't be buying them ever again.

Anonymous said...

they are at the 99 cent store now :-
0 yummm