Thursday, June 24, 2010

Candy Fun Fun!

Mrs. Connection and I have gone out together, sans children, exactly three times in the 2 or 3 years we've known each other. Two of those times have been Costco trips. I know, I know... pathetic, right? (Although I will say that they were the two most fun Costco trips a person could have.) In any case, during one of these ventures, we stopped at Barnes & Noble and Mrs. Connection found this for the Sugar Baby: Yum Yum Crafty Fun!
I mean, seriously, how perfect is that for the kid that makes candy trees out of construction paper and cuts out photos of cupcakes from magazines? This week I brought it out so we could have some yum yum crafty fun. I will say, the kit is assembled very nicely. Each project comes in its own bag, so you don't have to go rifling through all the paper and stickers trying to figure out what goes where. The execution of the projects, however, wasn't quite as polished as the picture on the box.
Yeah, that thing on the right-- it's supposed to be a swirly lollipop. And the triangle on the left is a piece of three-layer cake.
My house is now littered with stray bits of tissue paper and stickers. But as a gift for a 4-year-old candy-obsessed boy (or a 39-year-old candy-obsessed mom), it was very fun. Not as fun as a trip to Costco the Saturday before Christmas, but still pretty amusing.

1 comment:

Ice Cube Queen said...

That looks like the coolest gift!!!

HA! Tissue paper and stickers all over the house! Next week I'm in charge of the crafts for our church's Vacation Bible School ... I can just imagine all of the tissue paper, stickers, glitter, etc. that will be on our floor!!! Day One: Glitter Tissue Fish!!!
P.S. I think your crafts were adorable!