Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Air Supply

All I have to say is, thank goodness the Sweets & Snacks Expo took place last week, because it has been so dull out there in candy land lately. You know it's bad when I don't even get excited to go into supermarkets in other states because there just hasn't been anything new on the shelves lately. So I present to you:


A big batch of new products! Hooray!
The first thing I ripped into from my show samples was a bag of Hershey Kisses Air Delight "aerated milk chocolate." The bag describes them as, "The Hershey's milk chocolate you love gently blended for a light, airy texture that melts effortlessly in your mouth."


There are several "aerated" chocolates on the market: the British Aero, Bubble Chocolate, and I'm sure there are others. I used to particularly like Nestle Choco'Lite, but that's been gone for a while now.
So how do the Kisses stack up? It's kind of hard to tell, actually. The weather's been really warm here, and so it's difficult to tell if the Kisses are really that much more melty naturally, or if it's just from the heat. They taste good enough. I mean, it's Hershey's chocolate; it's exactly what you'd expect. But I think because they're small, as opposed to a bar, you just don't get that big, airy experience. These are fine. Would I pick them over regular old Hershey Kisses? No. But would I refuse a handful from a candy dish? Of course not!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you get the weird suck of air when you put a too-soft one in your mouth and it sort of collapses? I think these are not a summer candy!

Carol said...

Naughty girl.....you only told us about one thing from your Expo stash!!!

Airated chocolate doesn't turn me on, but I wouldn't turn it down either....LOL I am easy....

Can't wait to read about the rest of your stash!!

Candy Yum Yum said...

Candy Professor: yes, I didn't like how they collapsed. When you have a little candy like that, you need substance.

Carol: I'm so behind in my blogging! I should send you some candy to sample while I'm busy with everything else. Then again, you probably have even less time than I do!