Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sour Punch Punchies!

One of the new candies to debut this year is Sour Punch Punchies. I'll admit, I've had a package of these sitting on my desk for a couple of months now because, for some reason, I figured they'd taste like every other sour, chewy candy out there.
I just learned, however, that I was wrong. The Punchies are little balls with faces on them that come in lemon, strawberry, tangerine, blue raspberry and green apple flavors. The thing that sets these apart from say, Skittles or Sour Patch Kids, is the texture. They're interestingly chewy, almost like licorice, but with a big sour taste. (It's no surprise, I guess, since they're made by the American Licorice Company.)
Here's a selling point: these don't stick in your teeth like other chewy candies, so if you're looking to cut down on dental bills, these might be the candies for you.*

*This product is not endorsed by my dentist, particularly since all of my paychecks will already  be going to her for the crown on my tooth that was cracked by a jawbreaker.

1 comment:

Stephanie Stuart said...

Oh nice to know about the texture difference! People sometimes don't realize how much impact texture has on us! Thanks and I'll try this one!