Friday, December 07, 2007

Cheese Field Trip


Why cheese on a candy blog? Sit back, I'll tell you why. Today Sue MKAFFGGF, Henri and I went on a cheese field trip to the U.K. Gourmet because I'd heard on the radio that they had Sticky Toffee Cheese. I have no idea what that is, really, but it sounded so good I had to check it out. So we went and sadly, they were all out of it. However, I did manage to spend $75 on miscellaneous candy, tea and biscuits.
This is the type of store I have total ADD in. It's small, but there's so much on the shelves and it's all stuff I've never seen before, so it's just plain exciting! While I was hyperventilating over British chocolate ornaments, Sue MKAFFGGF managed to sniff out the store's last three dark chocolate Kit Kats.
I just need to say, these really, truly are the ultimate candy for me. This is my desert island candy bar. The chocolate is thick, but not too sweet and of course the layers are all crunchy yummy. Usually when I eat a regular Kit Kat, I dissect the poor thing, eating the chocolate off the sides, then eating each layer one at a time. But with these, forget it. That takes too much time. I Heart Dark Kit Kats. I'll be posting a photo soon of my glorious bounty. (Here's an official warning: if you're a friend, you might not want to look, because chances are pretty good your Christmas present is there.)

And in other news, I implore you all to visit this blog: http://www.nates-wife.blogspot.com/. (UNLESS YOU'RE BETSY-- don't go there! Again, the Christmas deal.) It has nothing to do with candy, but in my personal challenge to buy hand-crafted, non-Made-in-China things for Christmas, I stumbled upon this very cool site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet dessert cheese inspired by the classic English "pudding" Sticky Toffee.

Alexandra said...

I know the sort of store you mean. there's one on my way home from work and between the chocolate, and the cheeses, and the coffees and teas, and various other things I stumble into that had no idea I even wanted...ohh!

I'm not sure if the dark kitkat is the same here in Canada but I'm not a big fan of thins one here. Hard to describe, but the chocolate coating has a medicin-y plastic-y taste to it. I had big hopes for it but it let me down...

Anonymous said...

It's cheddar cheese with toffee, dates and raisins.

Anonymous said...

Sticky Toffee Cheese? Really? I smell a new quest.