Thursday, March 25, 2010

Calling All Popcorn Lovers!


There are different types of people in the world. There's cat people and dog people. City slickers and country folk. And then there are the snack types: chocoholics, gum addicts, ice cream fanatics, and popcorn lovers.
I've never been much for popcorn. It usually just gives me a tummy ache. But when I was offered a sample of "Fistful of Fleur de Sel" popcorn from Too Haute Cowgirls, I thought I'd give it a try. Here's the description: caramel corn drenched in dark chocolate, topped with crushed handmade toffee and dusted with the finest hand-harvested fleur de sel (sea salt). Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?
Well, I'm happy to say that it is. The pieces of popcorn are big and fluffy and coated in rich chocolate. The whole House of Yum agreed that it was some good stuff.
I was also sent some samples of their other flavors: Mutton Bustin Milk Chocolate, Chili con Chocolate, Cowgirl Coffee, and The Good The Bad and the Peanut Butter. The Mutton Bustin was caramel corn drenched in milk chocolate, tossed with handmade peanut brittle and toasted nuts and finished with a drizzle of white chocolate. This was some pretty chunky stuff, with big cashews and large shards of brittle.
The packaging is fun; they have a whole Wild West cowgirl theme going on. They offer the popcorn in three different sizes: Small (3.5 ounces) for $5.95; Medium (6 ounces) for $9.95; and Large (12 ounces) for $18.95. Personally, I think the price point is a bit high, but I could definitely see buying these as a gift.

No comments: