Monday, March 29, 2010

Five Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug


A fellow chocoholic sent me an e-mail last week with a recipe for a 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake:

4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar

2 Tbsp. cocoa

1 egg

3 Tbsp. milk

3 Tbsp. oil
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips (the recipe says optional, but come on... since when are chocolate chips optional?)
A small splash of vanilla extract
One microwave safe mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Add milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate. Eat! This can serve two if you're feeling slightly more virtuous.


Of course I had to try this with the Sugar Baby. He thought it was great fun and said it was delicious. I, on the other hand, found it a bit dry and definitely not chocolatey enough for my tastebuds. Of course, the dryness could be the result of my evil microwave, which is in cahoots with the rest of my kitchen. As I've said before, my appliances are out to get me because they're jealous of the unconditional love I feel for my old kitchen. So if you decide to give it a whirl (and why not? It's only 5 minutes!) let me know what you think.

No comments: