Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baking with Hershey's


I don't know about you, but this crazy winter has made me want to bake like a crazy lady. And I've been whipping up some crazy stuff. I finally turned to Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook out of desperation with the Sugar Baby's eating habits and started whipping up brownies with spinach and carrots (very yummy), cookies with chickpeas (not bad), muffins with peanut butter and squash (very tasty), black bean brownies (good at first, then pretty gnarly after they cooled down) and chocolate chick pea cake (a hit with the Sugar Baby; not so much with me).
Before I went on this baking frenzy I received a package from Hershey's with their dark chocolate and traditional cocoas. (It was a sign!) Actually, they weren't reading my mind. They were kicking off their "Iconic Recipe Sweepstakes." They're looking for chocolate lovers to vote for the most iconic recipe. What would you pick? Cocoa Crinkle Cookies? Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms? Chocolate Truffles? Head on over to the website to vote and you may just win a trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania.

2 comments:

philly said...

Winter baking is multitasking... you get yummy food and a heated house :D

Cookies with chickpeas sounds really good :) kinda like oatmeal, doesn't have a really strong flavor! Can't imagine spinach in a brownie though, hee hee!

Carol said...

Patti,

I have been baking a lot lately too. We also had a weird winter, though not nearly as much snow as you all had way up north......

I LOOOOVE chocolate, so I will go check out the Hershey site and vote....

Thanks!!