Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Yumsters!


It's the night before Valentine's Day. I've just tucked the Sugar Baby in and he says to me, "Did you buy me a heart?" Despite the fact that I've just spent the past 15 minutes tearing my hair out trying to convince him that he does not need his shell collection, presidential dollars, Easter Island statues and ukulele all on his night stand, and all I want to do is sit down and watch Lady Gaga emerge from her egg on the Grammy's and drink a glass of wine, I say "you'll find out tomorrow." Then I turn out the light and bolt out the front door to the grocery store.
Somehow, I managed to a) not only forget to buy the Sugar Baby a candy-filled heart but I also b) have absolutely no candy in the house that could possibly serve as a Valentine's Day present. I think I've lost all credibility as a candy blogger.
To make things even worse, I wrote an article about Valentine's chocolates this week. I mean, hello! I was at a bunch of different chocolate shops. I could've picked something up at any time. This is serious, people.
Fortunately, I scored a really cool balloon and a box of chocolates. Whew.
In the meantime (just so you don't think I'm a complete failure), I saw these Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Chocolate Dips. I love the combination of orange and chocolate, so this is probably the only jelly bean flavor I'd ever want to try with chocolate. At first, I was unsure. The jelly bean lacked the usual punch of a Jelly Belly ... it didn't scream ORANGE! But then I ate a few more and decided I liked them. They're similar to chocolate-covered orange peel.

3 comments:

Two Demented Dames said...

Did you really like the jelly beans? I love chocolate but I'm not sure on a jelly bean would do it for me but then we have a bakery that sells chocolate covered bacon (it's disgusting by the way although my daughter loved it).
Carol says hi.
Susan www.swimbeauswim.blogspot.com

Jeanna said...

Happy day to you too, Yum. Wow, I didn't realize we had the same blog theme. W

Candy Yum Yum said...

Susan, surprisingly, I did really like them. Chocolate covered bacon, though? I'm over that trend. In fact, I was never into it. I'm a purist. I don't like chocolate and meat to intertwine.
Hi Carol!