Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Best of the Best

I try to go to the Fancy Food Show every year in New York. It's a humungo trade show where specialty food companies show off their latest and greatest products. This year, since I was about to give birth, I didn't make it, but I do get the trade association's magazine. Here are some of this year's winners, although I haven't tried any of them.
Finalist in the Outstanding New Product category: Chocolove Chocolatour Tanzania Vintage 2005 chocolate bar.
Finalists in Outstanding Best Seller 2005: Chocolove Toffee and Almonds in Milk Chocolate; Vosges Haut-Chocolat Barcelona Candy Bar.
Outstanding Confection: Miguel & Valentino Rabitos Royale Bombon de Higo (Fig Bonbons)
Finalists in Outstanding Confection: Bequet Gourmet Celtic Sea Salt Caramels; Dufflet Small Indulgences Crunchy Caramel Coated Pistachios Enrobed in Pure Milk Chocolate; Fusion Gourmet, Inc. Bail's Best Coffee Candies- coffee flavor.

Those pistachios sound really good. I've tried a few different sea salt caramels, but I haven't really been wowed by them. Surprising, since I usually enjoy the salty/sweet combination.

1 comment:

designrgrl said...

yes, but where can i buy this fig bonbon?