Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Boston Brouhaha

The National Confectioner's Association named Boston as the Trick or Treat City of the Year. http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/10/01/invented_here_boston_leads_us_in_halloween_observance/
Yay! Go New England! My big fear is that trick-or-treating is dying out. Where I live in Connecticut we get about 30 kids every year, but I'd say about half of them don't show up in costume, which is why every year I have a special "treat" just for them. Last year it was rancid granola bars, the year before it was tea bags. This year it'll probably be the box of Weight Watchers chocolate cakes that I just bought. Foolish me-- I thought they might actually be edible instead of tasting like powdered aluminum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teabags! Hahahahahahaha!

Yeah, we do get a lot of trick-or-treaters up here in Boston, more than we did in CT. A lot of it, though, is that we live in a close-knit community on a cul-de-sac with lots of young children.

This year I noticed Halloween candy on sale in August. You can't tell me Boston's children are eating all this.

Candy Yum Yum said...

No, it's not the kids. It's the moms who think, "I'll just buy this Halloween candy now so I don't have to do it later." Yeah right. Ten bags of Junior Mints later...