Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Best Laid Plans...

I must admit, I'm feeling a bit like Sally Brown after spending the night in the pumpkin patch with Linus. Here it is, Halloween night, All Hallows Eve, Hallo'een, and I'm sitting at the computer, drinking a glass of wine and eating a stale Russell Stover Coconut Cream Pumpkin while my little Henri, my perfect excuse for trick-or-treating, is asleep in his crib after crying the entire day. I had such plans! We were going to go downtown to the "Trick-or-Treat on Safety Street," then to my parents', my brother's, the church (to get one of Fr. John's full-sized candy bars) and maybe to visit a few friends. But alas, Henri in all his monkey-costumed glory decided that today would be the day when he turned evil. So here I sit, just happy that he's fallen asleep and praying that no teenagers decide to ring my doorbell even though the light is off. God help the uncostumed teenager that wakes my snoozy monkey. Ah, well, there's always next year.

1 comment:

Whoosh said...

Awwwwhh, sorry to hear that your Halloween was disappointing. :(

At least you have some candy to eat, right? :)

Happy Halloween nevertheless!