Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm a Graceful Lady


Despite my on-going battle with the mailman, he kindly left me a fun package the other day from none other than Sue MKAFFGGF. Weee! A surprise! Inside were two packages of Japanese candy-- one with a big Hello Kitty on it (and no English description anywhere) and the other, a bag of Muscat Gummies with this fabulous description:


Its translucent color so alluring and taste and aroma so gentle and mellow offer admiring feelings of a graceful lady. Enjoy soft and juicy Kasugai Muscat Gummy.

Nice, right?! I cut open the package and reached in, expecting to feel a lump of gummy goodness. But oh no, these truly are special. Each gummy is individually wrapped in a little package that says, "Muscat Gummy. Super Juicy."

I wondered to myself, what would they be shaped like? Grapes? Or maybe just a simple shape like a circle or square? No, no! They're hearts, silly!

Now here's where I'd give my typical description of "Yummy!" (being the wordsmithy that I am) but let's go back to the description on the package.

Alluring translucent color? Check!

Gentle and mellow taste and aroma? Check!

Offering admiring feelings of a graceful lady? Hmmm. I'll get back to you on that one.

These are definitely juicy, though, and very grapey-- like real grape, not like artificial purple grape.

As for the Hello Kitty ones, these too were individually wrapped with fun little Kitty White illustrations and a picture of the fruit flavor that it is. These are hard candies, shaped like flowers. I just had a grapefruit one and it was fantastic. I must say, no one does fruit flavors like the Japanese.

No comments: