Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Because not all blogging is narcissistic



I went over to Derfwad Manor this afternoon to get my daily dose of enlightenment. It's there I read this:

Two weeks ago, a much loved blogger named Stephanie Nielson and her husband Christian, parents to four beautiful children, were in a private plane crash that killed their pilot friend and left Stephanie and Christian in severe shape-they are both in medically induced comas as doctors try to heal their injuries and burns. Stephanie suffered third-degree burns over 80% of her body. A large number of kindhearted bloggers have taken it upon themselves to hold an auction to raise money for the Nielson family and their skyrocketing medical expenses.


There's been an amazing response from bloggers, and there's all sorts of really cool stuff being auctioned off. (Even some candy!) You can check out the complete list here.

Here's what I'm auctioning off: a limited edition, ready-for-framing, 5" x 5 1/2" giclee print of my carrot cake painting. (It's calorie-free! Makes a great birthday gift!)
Bids start at $15. All you have to do is enter your bid into the comments and check back frequently. Auction ends at noon midnight (EST) on Sunday, September 7th. Winning bidder can donate the funds through Pay Pal.


Here's to the Nielsons' quick recoveries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite! It is a lovely carrot cake print. $30.00 is my bid. GMcD

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Thanks GMcD!

Mrs. G. said...

$40 bucks sister. I love cake.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Thanks Mrs. G. You rock!