Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Guest Review: White Chocolatey Tootsie Rolls

This just in from Alexandra:

I found something new & exciting (or so I thought) at the Christmas Tree Shop. I invested my hard earned 95 cents in some Tootsie Roll Holiday Mini Chews - White Chocolatey Coated Mini Tootsie Rolls. Sounded good....I finally got around to trying them today... at first glance they reminded me of Good & Plenty candies but a bit bigger. The taste and feel I can only compare to a crayon. It's waxy! (Okay, more the feel since I've never eaten a crayon that I remember!) If I were to eat a crayon I'm sure this is what a white crayon would taste like until the coating dissolves away and the Tootsie Roll is discovered. What were they thinking?!?! There isn't even that chocolatey smell of the Tootsie Roll in the box, in fact there is no smell. Tootsie Rolls are one of my favorite candies - from the midgets to the pops, but not these! To quote the box - "The combination of flavors and textures is a wonderful taste sensation. Mini Chews deliver the Tootsie Roll taste you love and a sweet goodness you can only find at the Holidays!" Yes, the Tootsie Roll taste is there, but I couldn't find any sweet goodness. I hope Santa doesn't fill my stocking (or anyone else's) with these. Save your money or spend it on the original Tootsie Roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came upon these mini Tootsie rolls and they are totally awesome.