Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Little Blogger That Could


I've cleaned off my desk; now it's time to organize my desktop in preparation for the new job. Can I even write it without hyperventilating? Okay, here goes:

I'vetakenapositionastheEditorinChiefofawomen'shealthmagazineOMGOMGOMGIcandoit,Icandoit. (No comments from the Peanut Gallery about the candy/health conflict please.)

There. So I've found some miscellaneous candy items that I
just haven't gotten around to writing about yet. Here we have a Kit
Kat Caramel that No-Nuts bought and devoured. Okay, yes, she did share with me. It was better than I expected. For some reason I thought the caramel would be stiffer and chewier, but this was more soft and flowy, like a Caramello. It was yummy.
And kudos to Nestle for not spelling caramel with a
"K."

Those little pink things are Russian candies from my mother's neighbor. I'm not sure what flavor they were, but there was some sort of little berry printed on the wrapper. They were chewy, like taffy.

Lastly, we have a Choxie dark chocolate coconut bar. I had high hopes for this one, but it tasted overwhelmingly like suntan lotion. Why the fake coconut flavor, Target? I bought this bar when I was with Susan (not MKAFFGGF), and she bought some sort of toffee variation that was way better.
(What's up with this wonky lay out? Mercury must be in retrograde.)

3 comments:

Whoosh said...

Congrats Patti! :)

Candy Yum Yum said...

Thanks Sera!

juliejulie said...

omg, I'm so happy I found you. I saw you on Derfwad Manor. Candy blog written by health mag. editor lady? You're my kind of people. I write the Chubby Mommy Running Club blog, where it's all about running for cupcakes and our mantra is "Try Not Cry!"

Love, your newest loyal fan,

Miss Julie