Friday, January 18, 2008

I Know the Muffin Man

Here was my first brilliant decision of the day: go to the grocery store on an empty stomach. Brilliant decision number two: instead of lunch, I'll get one of those new Dunkin Donuts Triple Chocolate Muffins. Ughhhh. What was I thinking? Oh sure, it tasted good, not unlike a chocolate cupcake with a chopped up candy bar mixed in. But now my stomach hurts (I didn't even eat the whole thing-- I only ate half!) and I decided to check out the DD website where I found out that said muffin has 600 calories!! Mama Mia! I'm soooo depressed.
And just in time for all the January diets, DD made what I think is a really stupid marketing move: they introduced Milky Way Hot Chocolate and M&Ms Donuts. Why didn't they launch them in November, when everyone's loading up on calories anyway? I don't understand.
In any case, learn from my lesson: if you're craving chocolate, just have a candy bar and don't mess around with muffins. Especially 600 calorie ones.

No comments: