Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why Didn't I Think of That?


Everyone knows there's two things that kids love more than anything in this world: candy and horticulture. So it's easy to see why this "Little Sprouts Candy and Grasshead" is such a runaway hit. This was a gift from D-Sword and I have to say, it's quite a bizarre combination: a little egg-shaped creature with gummy worms in the bottom and a little nugget of seeds in the top. According to the package, you just "Open, Water, Wait and Cut" the grass when it gets long enough. FUN!

I was all set to be freaked out by this, thinking it was some sort of Made in China bioterrorism, but it turns out that it's made in Canada. The grass started growing quite quickly-- within two days. I'm considering buying a truckload of these to replace my lawn this summer.