Thursday, January 24, 2008

One Perfect Piece: Perfection Found!

The last piece of the Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate was a Creme Brulee. I'm not a huge fan of real creme brulee to start with, probably because it brings to mind the night we went to a wine dinner and consumed way too much food and wine, capped off by a dessert of-- you guessed it-- creme brulee. The result was having to stop the car on the way home so I could, uh, "revisit" the menu.
So I left that chocolate for last, figuring it'd be the least exciting. Boy, was I wrong. It was fantastic. A snappy dark chocolate cup, with a layer of caramel, a layer of white cream, and a crunchy sugar top. Seriously, I could've eaten an entire box of just these. So sad that there were only two (one for me, one for Mr. Goodbar). This needs to be a candy bar onto itself. Are you listening, Trader Joe? Make it into a big, yummy bar and I'll be forever your number one customer!

No comments: