Thursday, January 17, 2008

One Perfect Piece, Week 2


I bought a box of dark chocolates from Trader Joe's. I'd tell you what they're called, except the cat is laying on my left arm right now so I can't get up to look at the box. But it says something about "devilishly, dangerously dark chocolate" on the box and there are 12 pieces.

I'm not exactly sure how we've come to associate danger with dark chocolate, but hey, I'm no advertising guru.

The first piece I had, above, is a bourbon vanilla cream. It was good. Perfect? No, but good enough to satisfy. The chocolate had a nice snap to it-- I like snappy chocolate-- and the vanilla was flavorful.

Now here's the problem. There's no way I can have a box of chocolates in the house and eat one a week. I never pretended that I could do that. My original intention was to buy one piece a week, but that didn't work out. So two weeks into my experiment and it's already falling apart. But hey, these are small chocolates. So instead, I'm aiming for one a day.

No comments: